As you begin to plan your Scientific Sessions itinerary, here are some meeting highlights to consider from more than 180 sessions and more than 1,000 original research presentations planned for the virtual meeting. If you miss something during the meeting dates, June 25–29, presentations can be viewed for 90 days after the meeting.
- The Year in Review—Highlights of the Past Year in Basic, Translational, and Clinical Sciences
- Efficacy and Safety of Dapagliflozin in Patients with and without Type 2 Diabetes Hospitalized with COVID-19—Results from the DARE19 Global Randomized Controlled Trial
- Results of the Glycemic Reduction Approaches in Diabetes—A Comparative Effectiveness (GRADE) Study
- Tirzepatide—A Novel Dual GIP/GLP-1RA—Results from the First Phase 3 SURPASS Clinical Trials
- Update on SCORED and SOLOIST Cardiovascular and Kidney Outcomes Trials
- Insulin at Its 100th Birthday
- Presidential Addresses
- Award Lectures
- Health Care as a Social Justice Issue in the Diagnosis and Management of Diabetes
- Diabetes through a Health Equity Lens (With Richard R. Rubin Award Lecture)
- Optimizing Health Equity—Solutions-Based Approaches
- Systemic Racism and Disparities in Pediatric Diabetes Management
- COVID-19 and Diabetes—An Update
- When COVID-19 Clashes with Diabetes—Data and Experiences Regarding the Impact on People with Diabetes
- Women’s Interprofessional Network of the ADA (WIN ADA)—Long-Term Professional Impact of COVID-19
- Communication of Risk in the Era of COVID-19—Public Health and Public Trust
- Professional Interest Group Discussion on Clinical Centers and Programs—Here to Stay? Harnessing Telemedicine for Diabetes Care in the COVID-19 Era and Beyond
- Remote Monitoring and Use of Telehealth—Lessons Learned from a Pandemic
Additional meeting highlights include Professional Interest Group Discussions, the Virtual Poster and Exhibit Halls, Product Theaters, Corporate Symposia, and our new Diabetes Learning Bytes.
More details about all of the programming and highlights of the 81st Scientific Sessions can be found in the Advance Program.
Registration should be completed via ADA’s secure online registration portal. Advance registration pricing is available through May 13, and final registration pricing is available May 14–Sept. 29. Registration includes access to all virtual content for 90 days following the June meeting, and the first 4,000 U.S. attendees to register for the 2021 virtual meeting will receive a Welcome Box in the mail.