In the first episode of the new ADA Meeting News podcast series, Chair of the 82nd Scientific Sessions Meeting Planning Committee Dana Dabelea, MD, PhD, sits down with host Nick Gerik to preview the upcoming meeting in New Orleans. Dr. Dabelea provides an overview of several important sessions, the hottest topics, and emerging trends in diabetes research, prevention, and care that will be featured at the meeting.
Learn more about highlighted sessions:
Reference the timestamps below and click the links for details about the sessions mentioned in this podcast. If already registered for the Scientific Sessions, sign in to bookmark sessions or add them to your meeting itinerary.
- 03:37 — A Transformative Approach to the Prevention and Control of Diabetes in the U.S—The National Clinical Care Commission 2022 Report to Congress
- 03:46 — ADA Standards of Care 2022 Spotlight—Prevention or Delay of Type 2 Diabetes and Associated Comorbidities
- 03:55 — Translational Science to Promote Health Equity and Address Social Determinants of Health in Diabetes Prevention and Care
- 03:55 — NIDDK Early Career Investigator Symposium—Novel Diabetes Prevention and Treatment Approaches in Underserved and Diverse Populations and Settings
- 03:55 — Between a Rock and a Hard Place—Impact of Food Insecurity among Youth and Young Adults with Diabetes
- 04:05 — Heterogeneity of Diabetes—Underlying Mechanisms, Epidemiology, and Intervention Response
- 04:40 — The Future of Insulin—Weekly, Oral, Smart, or Interchangeable Therapies
- 04:54 — Insulin Access—Challenges and Recommendations
- 05:55 — Type 1 Diabetes Intervention Trials
- 06:05 — The Insulin-Only Bionic Pancreas Pivotal Trial—Randomized Clinical Trial Results
- 06:44 — Banting Medal for Scientific Achievement—Metabolic Regulation of Insulin Secretion in Health and Disease
- 07:09 — Outstanding Scientific Achievement Award Lecture—Mining the Genome for Gold—Drilling Down on Mechanisms for Pancreatic Islet Cell Dysfunction in Diabetes
- 08:01 — Kelly West Award for Outstanding Achievement in Epidemiology Lecture—Type 1 Diabetes and Diet—Moving from Epidemiology to Opportunities for Precision Prevention
- 09:15 — Beyond Mentorship—Sponsoring the Next Generation of Leaders (WIN ADA)
- 09:59 — Professional Interest Group Discussion on Foot Care—Addressing Diabetic Foot from Wound Care to Public Health
- 10:00 — Professional Interest Group Discussion – Professional Interest Group Discussion on Eye Health
- 10:03 — Professional Interest Group Discussion on Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease
- 10:04 — Professional Interest Group Discussion on Behavioral Medicine and Psychology—Behavioral Diabetes Research Initiatives & Funding Opportunities from Federal and Non-Profit Diabetes Organizations
- 10:06 — Professional Interest Group Discussion on Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support (DSMES)— Nuts and Bolts of Managing a Professionally Recognized DSMES Outpatient Program!
- 10:08 — Professional Interest Group Discussion on Public Health and Epidemiology—Social Determinants of Health in Diabetes—Current Methods for Epidemiology and Strategies for Interventions